Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meeting Rupert Murdoch


One of my most interesting experiences was meeting Rupert Murdoch when he became Adelaide Citizen of Honor, his hometown (his first newspaper: The Advertiser). The headquarter of his big company NewsCorp is based in Adelaide. After his brilliant speech, I told to Michael Harbison, the Lord Mayor of Adelaide that I know the secret of Murdoch’s success. He turned around to Murdoch and said:”My friend, Mihai, says that after hearing your speech he found out the secret of your success”. “I’m curious to hear it.” replied Murdoch. “You’re so successful because you’re a dreamer” I said (in his speech he repeated, at least three times, "We continue to dream").“Yes indeed, but I am a dreamer who is very anchored on Earth” replied him.

No comments:

Post a Comment